Sunday, 3 November 2013

The King's Mage is released!

Hello everyone,

All the late nights and feverish activity during October has paid off. The King's Mage, book 2 of my epic fantasy series, The Songmaker, has been released! Whoop!

Here's a preview:

The Unraveling has begun. The barriers that separate the Seven Realms are breaking, threatening to send Chaos ripping through the universe, to the ruin of all.

In the kingdom of Amaury, the Council of Mages desperately tries to halt an army bent on sacking the capital. But how do you halt an army led by the dead?

In the west, Rovann, First of the Council of Mages, and Maegwin, priestess of Sho-La, set out on a desperate mission to save the Seven Realms. But beset by enemies on all sides, they’re not sure who to trust—least of all each other.

And in the center of this web waits the Songmaker, a shadowy figure whose final plans may hold the key to the salvation or destruction of creation itself.

And so the second installment of this epic tale of darkness and redemption begins.


Chapter 1

Rovann woke with a start. Searing agony throbbed in his right arm, sending spears of fire vibrating through his body, threatening to tip him back into unconsciousness. For a moment, it consumed him. He couldn’t think straight. He couldn’t see. He couldn’t hear.

But worse than all of this was a terrifying realization that he couldn’t breathe. His lungs strained for air but it wouldn’t come. Something warm pressed against his lips, blocking his airways. Then his sight cleared to reveal a woman’s face close to his. Green eyes burned from a face covered in dirt and grime.

Maegwin.

 And her hand was clamped tight over his mouth, suffocating him.

The day’s events flashed through his mind. He and Maegwin confronting Lord Cedric Hounsey only to discover he was already dead, a revenant held in thrall to the Songmaker’s will. The betrayal in Maegwin’s eyes as he, Rovann, denied her revenge against Hounsey and then invaded her mind to seize her power to enable them to escape.

More images flickered. The storming of Carrow Crossing by Hounsey troops. His vain attempt to hold them off while Captain Tyan, Mage Syrie and the soldiers escaped. The enemy arrow that exploded through his right forearm.

Then finally the words Maegwin had whispered to him as he fell into unconsciousness.

It’s just you and me now, Rovann. And you’re all mine.

And here she was, a crazed look in her eyes, trying to smother him. A sliver of ice-cold fear stabbed through his abdomen. There was no recognition in Maegwin’s eyes. Only a raw emotion that Rovann couldn’t quite place. Covered in the blood and filth of battle, she looked like some wild she-devil dredged from an old saga.

She was going to kill him. After all they’d been through he was going to die at Maegwin’s hands. His supposed ally. His friend.

No! I will not!

Summoning his ebbing strength, he reached for his sorcery only to find it gone. Where the burning core of his power should be, there was…nothing. Emptiness.

He’d spent too much of his strength in the citadel’s defense. Idiot, he chided himself as his lungs burned and his consciousness began to fade. Now your quest is over before it’s begun.

A small, traitorous part of him was relieved. It was over. Let someone else face the Songmaker. But another, stronger part shouted in outrage that it should end like this.

I won’t allow it! he raged. I will not!

He thrashed in Maegwin’s grip, determined to break her hold.  
 
Read more at Amazon!
It's available here:
US: http://www.amazon.com/The-Kings-Mage-Songmaker-ebook/dp/B00GDL33TK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383472548&sr=8-1&keywords=the+king%27s+mage+elizabeth+baxter
UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Kings-Mage-Songmaker-ebook/dp/B00GDL33TK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383472591&sr=8-1&keywords=the+king%27s+mage+elizabeth+baxter

2 comments:

  1. oh! this looks SO good! can't wait to read it...!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Dr.Brave Help Me To Stop A Divorce And Save My Marriage Today?

    Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is William David,i live in TEXAS,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are those precious little gems that brighten my day. Thankyou for the taking the time to leave one. I always respond so be sure to check back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...